Thursday, March 31, 2011

Assignment: Blog Entry #1

Directions: This week you will post your first lit blog! This week's blog is a freewrite, and should be 200-250 words. "Freewrite" means you just write: get out your initial thoughts and reactions to the novel To Kill a Mockingbird, and don't worry too much about perfection. (As the weeks go on I will make the requirements more specific and more difficult ... yikes!


Blog Entry:

To Kill a Mocking Bird. If you took the literal definition of this book, you would think that this book is about how to kill a Mocking bird. Well, if we were sitting in a classroom, and you answered the question "What is this book about?" with this answer, your teacher would slap on your desk, and say: "Wrong, sir!(or Madame) This book is not about a Mockingbird, or murder of said bird!"
If you ask anyone who has read this book, odds are, that they would say they loved it. That is the impression that I am getting right now. I love this book. This will be the second time that I have read it, and I will probably read more into this time around, than I did last time, and work through the words a lot more, to understand it better, and to get more out of it.
All in all, this is a wonderful book, and I can't wait until we get farther into it. In all honesty, it was rather difficult to get into the first time around, because it starts out sort of boring. Everyone I know recommended me this book, so I borrowed it from one of them, and it took me a month to finish the first three chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment