Friday, April 1, 2011

Assignment: Blog Entry #2


Directions: For this week, post the answer to one of the following questions to your blog.
To submit the assignment, click on EDIT MY SUBMISSION and paste a copy of your blog entry.
Your answer should be 200-300 words long (no more than 400 words, please!).
Who is your favorite character thus far in the book? Why do you like him or her? What are you learning from him/her? Describe the childhood world of Jem, Scout, and Dill and their relationship with Boo Radley. How does Part II (beginning with chapter 13) shift away from childhood and into the adult world? Pick one of the following characters and describe what she tell us about Maycomb society: Calpurnia, Miss Maudie, Miss Stephanie Crawford, or Miss Caroline Fisher.

Blog Entry:

To Kill A Mocking Bird is a book full of characters, as is any book, therefore, it gets difficult to choose a favorite character, but if I must choose a favorite character, it would have to be Scout. I would pick that character, mostly because I can relate to her, kind of. I mean, I don't narrate books, but I do love to read. I am defiantly NOT smart for age, (not saying that I think I am not smart, I would put myself as average) but reading is one of my favorite activities (especially if it involves Harry Potter in any way, shape, or form).
In this book, so far what I have learned, is probably the fact that no matter how old you are, you can do a lot of things, and maturing is just one of them. The book being written in her Point of View, I enjoy how she comments on the fact that she wasn't sure that she understood everything she was told, or what had happened during the time the book takes place, but now, the fact that she is older, she does understand them more.
Scout is truly a wonderful character, and the book would not be very good without her(considering she is the one who is narrating it).

No comments:

Post a Comment